Sasha Horn of Exhorder.
Sasha Horn is a percussionist from Chicago, IL who has been playing since the age of three. The passion to play had been passed down from generation to generation, as his father and grandfather were also dedicated drummers. The years that followed have seen Sasha take the throne for many significant bands in a wide variety of genres while carving his niche in Punk, Hardcore and Extreme Metal, and this has resulted in writing, recording, touring both nationally and internationally, and earning respect and praise among his peers.
Sasha has sat behind the kit for such bands as The End Records recording artists, Novembers Doom, Season Of Mist recording artists, Ava Inferi, New York Hardcore stalwarts, Leeway, Nuclear Blast recording artists Heathen and Forbidden, and most recently he had accepted the position as drummer for the reignited Thrash Metal icons, Exhorder, who in November of 2018 signed a worldwide record deal with Nuclear Blast Records. Since his entrance into the fold, he’s brought his visceral flair and signature style of drumming to the masses, including appearances at such world-renowned festivals as Hellfest (France), Download (Spain), Summer Breeze (Germany), Bloodstock (UK), Brutal Assault (Czech), and Rock The Castle (Italy), alongside such acts as Iron Maiden, Guns N’ Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Judas Priest, A Perfect Circle, Megadeth, Alice In Chains, and Deftones.
2018 LIVE APPEARANCES
February 9/10 - St. Vitus (NYC)
12 - Southport Hall (New Orleans, LA)
April 27 - SWR Festival (Portugal)
28 - Keep It True Festival (Germany)
June 24 - Hellfest (France)
28 - Download Madrid (Spain)
30 - Rock The Castle Festival (Italy)
July 14 - Reggie's (Chicago, IL)
August 9 - Brutal Assault Festival (Czech Republic)
10 - Party San Festival (Germany)
11 - Bloodstock Festival (UK)
12 - Alcatraz Metal Fest (Belgium)
14 - Kiff Club (Switzerland)
15 - Club 7 (Germany)
16 - Summer Breeze Festival (Germany)
17 - Backstage Club (Germany)
18 - Turock Open Air Festival (Germany)
October 12 - California Deathfest
19 - Quebec Deathfest
November 23 - White Oak Music Hall (Houston, TX)
Feb/March - in the studio recording original material for Exhorder’s first album in 27 years, to see a
worldwide release on Nuclear Blast Records.
— Touring itinerary as of now, with many more dates to be added: —
April 13/14/15 - Decibel Magazine’s Metal & Beer Festival (Philadelphia, PA)
July 10-20 - European festival circuit
November/December - European tour
A timeline of highlights:
• At the early age of 14, Sasha had started performing at venues in and around Chicago and had quickly become a known name in Chicago’s Punk/Metal/Hardcore scene.
• As the drummer for iconic Doom Metal band, Novembers Doom, he’d recorded on and helped to write 3 critically acclaimed albums, “Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers” (1999), “Into Night’s Requiem Infernal” (2009), and “Aphotic” (2011).
• In 2012, he was announced as the unequivocal winner of the “Forbidden Drummer-Search”, a contest held worldwide to find Forbidden’s next drummer. Shortly thereafter, he was approached by Drum! Magazine for an interview which had resulted in a full-page article in print. Photo attached (see below).
• He was hand-picked to sit behind the kit for Heathen at their 70,000 Tons Of Metal festival performance in 2015.
• He’d spent his 2014 and 2015 as a drumming instructor at Albuquerque, New Mexico’s premier instruction facility, Dimensions School Of Dance & Music.